Question Disconnected while gaming, but internet is still connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboiyaboi

Prominent
Apr 7, 2020
Middle of playing a game, I'll disconnect, discord will also stop transmitting audio until it reconnects...... but I still have youtube playing music or a video/browsing facebook on my second monitor just fine?

This has been a problem for me for a while now, and after trying many fixes I could find, it seemed to go away for like a week and now its back.

Why is it only affecting me when I try to play online games? And why do I have trouble connecting to game servers or other online applications like Steam but youtube/facebook and other browsing activities are perfectly fine???? It's not even like it won't connect period it just won't stay connected. I can still hear audio, which is still in sync with the game, I can still hear exactly what is going on. I feel like I disconnect for a very brief few moments and then some error occurs when it attempts to reconnect me. How else would the audio still remain live? I don't know lol, just please send help.

I have a friend who has a similar problem. Anything and everything helps! Please and thank you!!

Reactions: JamThomass
Sounds like packet loss for sure. If your friend is having it too it may simply be overloaded. As far as youtube and other services that stream, they still do buffer so you're not being disrupted because they're designed for disruption. Real-time activities that require low latency will be more affected.

If you run a ping to 8.8.8.8 while all this is happening, I bet you will see packet loss.

Yaboiyaboi

Prominent
Apr 7, 2020
Sounds like packet loss for sure. If your friend is having it too it may simply be overloaded. As far as youtube and other services that stream, they still do buffer so you're not being disrupted because they're designed for disruption. Real-time activities that require low latency will be more affected.

If you run a ping to 8.8.8.8 while all this is happening, I bet you will see packet loss.

How do I correct it? Or mitigate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.