sapper0104

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hello,
im having problems with my internet. while im using my internet it tends to drop but just for a min or 2 but then comes right back. this usually goes on all day. i have tried replacing my router and even just running straight from the modem but it still disconnects. im needing to know any solutions that will help fix this problem.

drifter77

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
First, we need some more info. Has this been happening for a long time or just recently? Did you (or anyone using this computer) download and install any recent programs? Are you connected on wires or wireless?

Assuming you didn't change anything, you can try this:
- Restore your computer to an earlier time. Start > Search > System Restore and choose a day when your internet was fine. You could have downloaded some trojan that drops your connection.
- If you're connected on wires, check the network cable for any cuts or bends, it could cause some losses.
- Maybe a long shot, but you can have someone check your main phone line. I had a similar problem two years ago and everything seemed to be fine but my connection was dropping. I requested phone maintenance to find the main line jiggly and was the thing causing the problem.

TRENDING THREADS