Discontinued Apevia Case

liddicoatr

Reputable
Jun 2, 2014
Hey all, I'm looking to completely rebuild my old gaming PC from '07. I am wondering if anyone knows whether an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 mobo would fit in an Apevia X-Plorer case (ATXB8KLW-SS).

Case:
http://www.apevia.com/productsInfo.asp?KEY=ATXB8KLW-SS

I noticed that all builds that now using the M5A97 have the power supply on the bottom where as the Apevia case requires it on the top. I haven't messed around with desktops in quite a while and would like to get mine in working order again. Any hints or advice are appreciated. Thank you!

The remodel will consist of:
- AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
- Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
- G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
- Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
- Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

yea it will, the asus is a atx board and the case supports that. PSU mounting location is really irrelevant for compatibility, everything is bottom mounted now because it just makes sense and keeps the case bottom heavy vs top heavy.

You should look at a different PSU, the corsair cx series have proven to have cheaper internals that do not hold up over time, espically if your build is demanding 300w or more.

In the same price range you can get an Antec Basiq that is better quality, a xfx or seasonic would be even better.

Most cases are using bottom mounted now because it provides better cooling and the psu cooling can be issolated from the pc, instead of top mounts that use the hot air in the case to cool the psu.

liddicoatr

Reputable
Jun 2, 2014

I just realized that that CX430 has a top-side fan as well which would get no air flow since there is no vent there on the case. I could always install upside down but I think I'd rather look into the Antecs