Discord Calls lagging games?

salmonboyak

Prominent
Mar 10, 2018
GPU: GTX 1050 2gb,
CPU: I5 7500
RAM: 8GB
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME H270-PLUS

So I’ve been noticing that my frames are dropping in games whenever I’m in a discord call, now I know discord doesn’t use the GPU, (I did turn off GPU acceleration but that made no difference) One game in particular; Fortnite, drops about 12-20 frames lower than my usual frame rate. I have nothing else in the background running, and my game runs perfectly fine when I’m NOT in a discord call.

Really unsure of why this is happening, and it shouldn’t be happening. If anyone knows what’s going on please inform me, thanks for your time and help.

Solution

You could try that to see if there is a problem with the wifi driver,if the connection is stable it shouldn't make any difference otherwise.

Le Snerk

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Its not really the GPU it can be the CPU and mainly the RAM because background tasks like that consume a lot of RAM usuage and some CPU. So just join a server instead of a call. This is mainly discords fault since it has been doing this recently.

salmonboyak

Prominent
Mar 10, 2018

is there any way to fix this? I really want to be able to fix this issue.

salmonboyak

Prominent
Mar 10, 2018

hm I tried the Fortnite in game voice chat and it appears to have the same affect, my internet is actually decent, (22mbps download and 4mbps upload), so I guess it wouldn't hurt to give this a go. Though, would it be wiser to use an ethernet cable instead of a wireless card?

You could try that to see if there is a problem with the wifi driver,if the connection is stable it shouldn't make any difference otherwise.

Solution