Question Discord Freezes on Second Monitor

ThunderMS34

Reputable
Aug 26, 2019
Whenever I'm playing games or whatever and if I have discord minimized sometimes it'll boot me from a voice chat that I'm in or when I go to click on discord it ends up taking forever for discord to load up. Is there any good reason behind this?

My PC Specs is the following
i7-12700k
Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black CPU Cooler
Intel CPU Contact Frame
Crucial Ballistix 64GB 2x32 3600mhz CL16 ddr4
MSI MAG Tomahawk WiFi Z690 Motherboard
ASUS Tuf Gaming OC 4090
and a MSI MEG Ai1300W PSU

And a few 8TB HDD from Seagate and the boot drive is on a Samsung 980 2TB

My theory is ram or cpu spikes but I havent noticed anything abnormal when replicating it that would lead to a 100% spike on CPU or Ram or GPU or PSU at all. Would upgrading to a DDR5 Platform help at all?

Lutfij

Titan
I would look into uninstalling the app, reboot then reinstall the app after redownloading the installer form their site. What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Might want to use Samsung's Magician app to see if the SSD yo have is pending a firmware update. What OS are you working with?

I don't think it's a platform problem, more like either an OS or an issue with Discord itself, not your hardware. If the hardware was the issue then you'd see a similar issue across other app's or game title's, IMHO.

ThunderMS34

Reputable
Aug 26, 2019
I would look into uninstalling the app, reboot then reinstall the app after redownloading the installer form their site. What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Might want to use Samsung's Magician app to see if the SSD yo have is pending a firmware update. What OS are you working with?

I don't think it's a platform problem, more like either an OS or an issue with Discord itself, not your hardware. If the hardware was the issue then you'd see a similar issue across other app's or game title's, IMHO.
I checked Samsung Magician a bit ago and theres no firmware update, as far as bios Im not sure and this problem has been occuring only recently since probably early this year ish.

Im on Windows 10. Ive uninstalled, deleted any and all folders related to Discord at all and reinstalled a few times. Ive tried turning game mode off, hardware acceleration off in windows, ultimate performance on power usage. Ive turned off voice debug on discord, turned off discord hardware acceleration. Anything and everything. I only really have problems with discord itself so Im not sure what to try anymore. And I dont want to upgrade platform of mobo/ram to a ddr5 since 15th gen intel is soon to come potentially. I could swap to am5 platform and have the upgrade pathing but with intel now I can only go up so much before Im at the peak.