[SOLVED] Discord Lagging Under Very Specific Situations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2019
Hey everyone, this is my first post here, so forgive my ignorance.

Not-so-recently, I’ve been experiencing on and off conditions where while talking on discord, my voice cuts in and out according to the person i am talking to. in addition, at times, their voice cuts in and out as well.

the very specific conditions that this happens in are bizarre. my voice ONLY cuts out on discord when i’m flying in the air on fortnite - this includes the battle bus phase, gliding and using launch pads as well as slipstreams. For anyone who plays fortnite competitively, they understand that not being able to communicate while flying is a very big handicap. I am inclined to believe it is a network drivers issue as the problem becomes increasingly worse when i stream the game, as my peers begin cutting out and they tell me i’m cutting out as well. it only happens when i’m airborne and i don’t understand why.

Granted I have never met anyone with the same issue nor seen anyone with the same issue online, I have not tried any solutions. Is it an issue with my networkdrivers? should i update them? is it a microphone issue?

please give me your thoughts! thank you!

Solution
Can I have a list of you computer specifications, what I think it could be is that when your character is in the are the air your computer has to load more of the game since the whole map is visible. This could be a reason on why you cut in and out in that specific time on discord. Have you tried lowering the graphics on the game, do you still have the same problem?
May 9, 2019
Can I have a list of you computer specifications, what I think it could be is that when your character is in the are the air your computer has to load more of the game since the whole map is visible. This could be a reason on why you cut in and out in that specific time on discord. Have you tried lowering the graphics on the game, do you still have the same problem?

Reactions: Joshokitty
Solution
Jul 19, 2019

Yo thanks for your reply! Very helpful! Yes, I play on the lowest settings possible. I have recently believed that discord was lagging because I had Fortnite on high priority instead of normal. So I changed it back to Normal just today, and it should go back to the usual... i hope. I'll keep you updated :) Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.