[SOLVED] discord outbound packet loss nightmare

Dec 4, 2021
for the past year i've been plagued with an issue on discord, i join a voice call, everything's fine, 2 minutes in, the bar next to the "voice connected" goes to 1 bar (the ping stays stable at times), and i simply cant do voice calls, i've tried everything, resetting my PC, resetting network settings, drivers, resetting modem, hell, i even switched my isp cus i was so sick of it, and it seemed to have fixed it, but now after 4 months, the issues back! (hooray!), i've never gone on forums to ask questions like these, but this seemed like the perfect place, i really hope i can get some help, because spending hours on the phone with my ISP only to feel like an insane person because they simply wont understand my issue is frustrating

example

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

if you're on Windows 10, mention the version(not edition) of the OS. As for your issue, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? As for your wireless connectivity, are you working with an aftermarket adapter or one bundled with your motherboard? You might want to also state the make and model of your wireless router. Make sure that the router isn't pending any firmware updates.

I'd also try and see if you can uninstall your wireless adapter's drivers and then manually reinstall said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

if you're on Windows 10, mention the version(not edition) of the OS. As for your issue, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? As for your wireless connectivity, are you working with an aftermarket adapter or one bundled with your motherboard? You might want to also state the make and model of your wireless router. Make sure that the router isn't pending any firmware updates.

I'd also try and see if you can uninstall your wireless adapter's drivers and then manually reinstall said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution