Question Discord voice functions stop while gaming ?

Sep 17, 2021
This is an issue that for the last few months nobody has been able to help me with. Both Discord's and Blizzard's support are completely dumbfounded.
The gist of the issue is that voice in Disc completely stops while playing World of Warcraft. Voice DOES initially function normally while playing so there's no conflict of permissions that I'm aware of. But once raid gets going or I just get IN a raid everything voice related stops for random lengths of time. Can't hear anyone and can't talk, and my PTT key makes no sound. I use to think it was a connection issue but I upgraded from 25mbps to 1gig fiber and the issue persists same as always.

It's not a matter of outdated drivers, or running as admin, or making sure everything's plugged in. None of the typical copy/paste answers.
It also only does this in the desktop app, not in the browser. Which would be fine but I can't play with an open mic. Is there potentially some bloatware or settings in my Asus mobo or GPU drivers that's causing issues? I had network problems and uninstalled RogGameFirstIII and that fixed it.

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard: 970 Pro Gaming/Aura
Network adapter: [00000001] Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection
Graphics: Radeon (TM) RX 480

Sep 17, 2021
This is an issue that for the last few months nobody has been able to help me with. Both Discord's and Blizzard's support are completely dumbfounded.
The gist of the issue is that voice in Disc completely stops while playing World of Warcraft. Voice DOES initially function normally while playing so there's no conflict of permissions that I'm aware of. But once raid gets going or I just get IN a raid everything voice related stops for random lengths of time. Can't hear anyone and can't talk, and my PTT key makes no sound. I use to think it was a connection issue but I upgraded from 25mbps to 1gig fiber and the issue persists same as always.

It's not a matter of outdated drivers, or running as admin, or making sure everything's plugged in. None of the typical copy/paste answers.
It also only does this in the desktop app, not in the browser. Which would be fine but I can't play with an open mic. Is there potentially some bloatware or settings in my Asus mobo or GPU drivers that's causing issues? I had network problems and uninstalled RogGameFirstIII and that fixed it.

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard: 970 Pro Gaming/Aura
Network adapter: [00000001] Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection
Graphics: Radeon (TM) RX 480