[SOLVED] Discovering which device keeps disconnecting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
Hi, this has been a long time issue and i thought i would now try to find out what the issue is since i have the time. While working on my PC every once in a while during a work session i get the device disconnect sound on my speakers. Sometimes it happens more and sometimes less. Not all the time does it also give me a connect sound, but there have been times that it has.

I would say on average during an hour session it happens 1 or 2 times.

I am not sure if it is a USB or External Hard drive spinning up or what device is actually causing this sound to play, but sometimes it is very distracting when i am in the middle of thought on a work session.

Question: what is the best way to determine which device is triggering the disconnect sound? Is there a windows 10 home edition log somewhere i can look at to find the device?

Thanks, If you need further system specs let me know i can post them.

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
Nevermind i found it..... i found the CMD eventvwr command and i cleared the logs and then set up some new custom logs for some of my devices.

I also found that i could do this faster by just looking at the device in windows and there is an option for scan for hardware changes which creates a custom log as well.

So now when i hear the sound i will check the log viewer to see whats up....

Awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.