Dish TV VS Direct TV

dpmkflorida

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I am currently with Comcast and it is just too expensive.... I have read as many reviews as possible and it seems like both services (Dish/Direct) have gotten so-so reviews... I figured this site is the place to ask.... I have been on Tom's site for years... and this is the first non computer question I have asked. Thanks in advance.....

Solution
I have Dish and they are OK but really it is the same if anything they have gotten better reviews on their customer support.

dpmkflorida

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012

Thanks Rolli.... I agree. Direct TV seemed to have a lot of bad reviews out there... more so than Dish....

Every video service out there offers promotional pricing (Dish, Direct-TV, Cable-TV, etc), where they will give you an excellent deal year one, but then in year two, sometimes the costs of the service double (or more) - and you are locked into a 2 year contract.....beware.....

Everything I have researched shows one thing - video service is about the same when you compare apples to apples. If you look at the prices of equipment (sometimes you must buy equipment - sometimes it is part of the contract), and the number of channels per dollar, over the 2 year contract period, everyone is virtually the same.

The internet - here is where some wild pricing comes in, make sure to compare apples to apples. And then you have phone service.

Pick a "package" you like - say the "300 channel" service, then add in the costs for internet - say the "10 Mbps" service, and last, add in the phone costs. When you have a "3-play" package from cable - typically you get a great price - I recently found out by going to a "free" phone service (ooma), my cable bill would actually go up.....go figure.....LOL.

BTW - the bottom rung of customer service is cable operators and satellite providers. You won't find any of them getting good customer service ratings....