'Dishonored 2' Arrives On November 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I've been looking forward to this from 2016, as well. I didn't play the first until just last summer, but boy, I ended up really liking it. Let's just hope they don't balls this up the way Dice/EA ballsed up the new Mirror's Edge. Or the way Squeenix could very possibly balls up the new Deus Ex the way they ballsed up the new Hitman.

Ransome

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Dishonored was a terrific game and its sequel is definitely something to look forward to.
Dishonored 2, Deux Ex Mankind Divided, Final Fantasy XV are in my opinion the top games this year to watch out for. Together with already released Dark Souls 3 (which is still a buggy port on PC unfortunately) and the brilliant fantastic port of Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen which I can hardly stop playing - this year came out surprisingly strong!

As for D2, I kinda wish the developers would have made new Thief games - Thief 4 for that matter. I know they would have done the series more justice and stayed loyal to it.

DoDidDont

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
I was absolutely hooked once I started playing the original a few years ago. It's definitely in my top ten all time greats, and I've been gaming since the 80's. Added all the DLC, and still come back to it occasionally. Really looking forward t Dishonored 2.

dstarr3,
Mirror's Edge 2 isn't even out yet, so how did they mess it up?

Anyway, I'm fairly sure D2 will be as good or better than the original. Dishonored looks great to me still, and the game mechanics are great they could be tweaked a bit. For example, some things are too easy to use like RATS eating people.

(in games like Skyrim, STEALTH being too high can also just kill the experience)

dstarr3

Distinguished

Played the beta. They just turned it into a generic open-world action title, instead of what it should have been: a focused, first-person precision platformer. You fail missions if you don't assault police. If baddies are in your way, you have to take them out, instead of doing your job and just running away.

It's just another bland sequel made by committees that completely misunderstood what made the original great.

Hmm.. well I'll just have to wait for reviews and see if that represents the actual single player experience or not.

I'm predicting the single player experience will be closer to the original. What you describe sounds more like a specific scenario maybe for that part of a single player, or maybe even a multiplayer idea but it's all academic until the official product is out and reviewable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS