Disk 0 unallocated space 0.0 MB no other partitions.

Apr 12, 2018
I'm fairly new to building a PC but I know how to install windows and stuff. When I get to the part I have to select a HDD or SSD to install it on it says 0.0mb available? What should I do I can't find any videos on it and I can't delete the partition and if i make a new one it gives me an error my BIOS is picking it up but it still says 0.0 MB. I just bought this off amazon its a WD 500 gb.

Solution
Let's go simple and make sure we have done everything well.

*Remake the Windows 7 setup if you can(If you burnt it to an usb burn it again, if burnt to a cd reburn it too,if came with a cd check for scratches etc) This helps you not to blame the disk directly and if there's something with the files it allows you to repair. Don't forget your code and remake only if you made the install media yourself and you have the same image.

* Send up a disk partition screenshot. If you have an OS installed use it. If you don't you'll need to use a live cd to access. You may use an Ubuntu Live USB and start gparted. Or you can use the install media you made for installing windows 7 to bring up the cmd, and type

diskpart(enter)
list disk(enter)...

R0GG

Distinguished
- During install choose Advanced and check available Drives for installation,, use " delete partitions" to clean up the drive and make it all one unallocated volume of 500GB, then when selecting that installation would create a system partition automatically during system installation process.
- Assuming you're installing windows 7, if you let the installation process create the windows partition it will also create a small System Reserved Partition that could be avoided by preping the drive with valid NTFS partition.

Apr 14, 2018
Let's go simple and make sure we have done everything well.

*Remake the Windows 7 setup if you can(If you burnt it to an usb burn it again, if burnt to a cd reburn it too,if came with a cd check for scratches etc) This helps you not to blame the disk directly and if there's something with the files it allows you to repair. Don't forget your code and remake only if you made the install media yourself and you have the same image.

* Send up a disk partition screenshot. If you have an OS installed use it. If you don't you'll need to use a live cd to access. You may use an Ubuntu Live USB and start gparted. Or you can use the install media you made for installing windows 7 to bring up the cmd, and type

diskpart(enter)
list disk(enter)

You'll see a list of disks connected. Figure out what number is your disk and

select disk n(n is the disk number)(enter)

You'll see the volumes in that disk. Copy it or take a picture and send it here. This will allow everyone to have a perspective about what can it be.

Solution