Disk Boot Failure after multiple Watchdog Violation errors

NeoGunHero

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2015
About a few days ago my computer BSoD'd with a error that read "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I was able to reboot and enter Windows and use it for a while until getting the screen again and having my computer crash. Lately, my PC would not load into Windows, instead getting stuck at the spinning loading circle and eventually showing the same watchdog violation screen then reboots itself in an endless cycle. Not sure what to do, I let the process run over and over while I searched for solutions online. After about 20 minutes of doing this (must has rebooted about 4-5 times in that time period), it reboots into the BIOS, then gives me a black screen that reads "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK". I just recently did a clean install of Windows after backing up my data on an external hard drive. I'm not sure what could have caused this, any ideas?

Solution
the hard drive controller may have been going bad. if you can place the drive in another pc run hdtune check the drive health info and try a vendor test tools see if it passes or fails. if the drive not spining then it has died. if a new drive has errors on clean install of windows you may have a bad stick of ram.
the hard drive controller may have been going bad. if you can place the drive in another pc run hdtune check the drive health info and try a vendor test tools see if it passes or fails. if the drive not spining then it has died. if a new drive has errors on clean install of windows you may have a bad stick of ram.

Solution