DISK BOOT FAILURE HELP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Hello,

I did a new install from cd of windows 2000. I have checked all the boot
files(ie. boot.ini,etc.) and they are all there and correct. This is the
part where I need help. The computer will come up with "DISK BOOT FAILURE"
unless I have the windows 2000 cd in the drive. Now, I dont boot from the
cd, and if i let the boot from cd notice timeout, it will boot the hdd
partition. Please help.

Jesse

Andy

Do you have a floppy disk in your a: ? Check the boot
sequence from bios.

Make sure BIOS is set to boot from the hard drive. It may be set to boot
only from the CD drive.

Jesse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did a new install from cd of windows 2000. I have checked all the boot
> files(ie. boot.ini,etc.) and they are all there and correct. This is the
> part where I need help. The computer will come up with "DISK BOOT FAILURE"
> unless I have the windows 2000 cd in the drive. Now, I dont boot from the
> cd, and if i let the boot from cd notice timeout, it will boot the hdd
> partition. Please help.
>
> Jesse

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

answered in another, identical, post from you elsewhere.

don't DO that!

google for "multipost" and "crosspost" to see the difference.