Disk boot failure insert system and press enter

duggyhow

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
Hello, I am receiving the Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter error screen. It doesn't do it everytime. Just when it has set for a good hour or so off. I have a brand new Seagate SATA drive in it. I have tried the jumper suggestion in the manual but it didn't work. I have formatted and reinstalled XP and that didn't work. I have ran an exetensive long test on the drive and it had no errors. I really don't believe anything is wrong with the drive, cause why won't it fail everytime. I mean, everytime I reboot it boots up fine with no errors. I also think I remember it doing it before I got a new harddrive cause the old one started knocking and wouldn't boot, but I didn't think anything about it cause it had obviously failed. I really believe the motherboard has went bad. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks alot.

duggyhow

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
I ended up getting a new motherboard. The old one had something wrong with the SATA section of the board. I guess I could have gotten a SATA card but something else would have prolly went wrong with the board.

TRENDING THREADS