Question Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter

Jun 10, 2020
Hi, its my first time asking for help on any subject on the web I always try searching for the answer but this time I had no luck and sadly im really stuck and need it. Keep in mind I know the basics im actually a noob but also a fast learner. Lets begin I bought a ibuypower Arc 031a
the specs are
  • CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz 6-core (4.1 GHz Turbo)
  • 8 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 120 GB SSD
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 1 GB Tarjeta Gráfica
  • Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
First time I pluged the pc I got this error message "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter" Since my pc does not have a dvd drive I downloaded windows 10 and made a bootable usb using my laptop, I entered the bios by hiting alt+ctrl+del and then spamed del after some time I succesfully entered the bios having dificulty since im not used to the system I tryed to make my usb the 1st boot option, but without any luck the message keeps apearing. Sorry for my poor english any thing thats hard to understand please let me know.

Jun 10, 2020
Yes, I tryed it but same error. I read it could be a disk error but its recognizing my hdd, Thing is I just bought it so I really dont know.
I did make a bootable usb but for some reason its not working

Jun 10, 2020
You bought it when? In year 2020?!
It's 8 year old system.

Specs says, it has Windows 10 Home 64-bit. If it doesn't work, return it.
It's absolute crap pc by modern standards anyway.

BTW - how much did you pay for it?

Yeah look the thing is I moved to the usa for health reasons, I had a high end gaming pc back in PR but couldnt bring it with me. Started looking around for a afordable pc in wich I could play atleast valorant since I heard its not requiring to much to run so I saw this pc at 270 with mouse and keyboard included. since I was starting at 0 thought it was a good deal but ever since I plugged it I have been feeling regrets about it.

Jun 10, 2020
your SSD is recognized, but not with the windows in the SSD, so they make the error message "disk boot failure". What the program you use to make the bootable usb? from my experience, there is some bad programs that make the bootable not detected.
I used a windows link that downloaded a program called media creation tool 2004

Jun 10, 2020
well it should work, have you enable UEFI mode in the BIOS boot mode setting ?
Yes I read that some motherboards while on the BIOS dont use all usb ports so I kept changing the usb from port to port until one finally worked. But although I encountered a new problem when I have to choose a disk it doesnt apear. Im going to try some BIOS update. Any ideas?

Jun 10, 2020
Sorry for late reply. No it's different, you can check this link :

View: https://youtu.be/KvI4ZIgTmoI

then go to 6:53 ,

you will find "ON CHIP SATA TYPE", you can change it to AHCI. Then you can try installing your windows.
Thanks for the reply, I managed to boot windows 10 from a usb, I used my laptop and installed windows on the usb it botted after a while bit still worked, I enteres the partición settings but no hard Drive apeared wich just leaves with the conclusión that the ssd is damaged, although to make sure I ordered a sata to usb cable that way ill know if its the sata cable thats bad or the ssd its self

Thanks for the reply, I managed to boot windows 10 from a usb, I used my laptop and installed windows on the usb it botted after a while bit still worked, I enteres the partición settings but no hard Drive apeared wich just leaves with the conclusión that the ssd is damaged, although to make sure I ordered a sata to usb cable that way ill know if its the sata cable thats bad or the ssd its self
Hhmm Okay, let's see the result