DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

pberthelet

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Hi,

I have read the majority of the post concerning my problem and yet it didn't really help out for my particular case. I installed a new power supply and a new HDD on a friend motherboard, cpu and RAM, which all worked fine as far as we know. Each time that I turn the computer on it says OC FAIL, but I didn't overclock it at all and it's never been done on this computer. I press F1 and it boots in anyway, now the problem is that it's a brand new HDD which I have to install an OS on. Every time I boot from the CD ROM it tells me DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. So I changed my DVD player to a brand new connected to a SATA II instead of a IDE, but it still gives me that message.

Most of the people i talked to told me its the CD, but I tried the CD on an other computer and it works perfectly.

Could you please help me, I really don't know what to do at this point

Thanks you

alseca

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Having the exakt same problem, using a DFI 790fx dark mobo and a caviar black disk..
I even tried another optical drive but the problem wont go away..
Any chance you managed to solve it?

pberthelet

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Yes I did manage to solve it. loll I got sick of it and I decided to change the hole thing, but I did find that I had bad RAM on it so you could try this

Good luck