"Disk Boot Faliure" Windows 7 Installation please help!

Brodie Lawrence

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Hi, so i'm in a bit of a mess here. I have my brand new pc never before used, the hard drive has never been used either, all hardware is brand new. I am trying to install windows 7 pro but i'm getting a "DISK BOOT FAILLURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" message.

I have my cd rom for the first to boot from in BIOS, it was defaulted to that anyway but I saved just in case. I have the install disk in my optical drive, right side up, no scratches nothing, brand new, and i'm gettng this message.

I thank anyone who can help me, I was very excited for this PC so this is a bit of an issue. Cheers :D

Solution
If you're sure that all components are connected properly, then it will be better to get another windows installation disc for comparisson before we assume something is broken.

Re-check all the manual of the components then try again.

Brodie Lawrence

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014

I tried that, then I saved an exited but nothing happened, I still got the same mesage :(

Brodie Lawrence

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014

I can't find any other boot option that indicates my cd drive

plaintuts

Admirable
If you're sure that all components are connected properly, then it will be better to get another windows installation disc for comparisson before we assume something is broken.

Re-check all the manual of the components then try again.

Solution