[SOLVED] Disk Cloning and Secure Boot

bep1995

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Good evening !! I have a pc with hdd and within a month I will replace it with an ssd. The question is, should I disable secure boot or tpm before or after cloning or I not need to disable them at all ??
And if I really need to do one of the above and get the ssd after windows 11 comes out and installed them, how will I proceed ??

Solution
Good evening !! I have a pc with hdd and within a month I will replace it with an ssd. The question is, should I disable secure boot or tpm before or after cloning or I not need to disable them at all ??
And if I really need to do one of the above and get the ssd after windows 11 comes out and installed them, how will I proceed ??
Cloning from HDD to SSD should have no impact vis a vis secure boot.
The new drive is a full copy of the old.

Moving to Win 11 is a whole different thing.

You can't clone from HDD to SSD AND move to Win 11 in the same movement.
One at a time. Change drive first, or upgrade first.

USAFRet

Titan
Cloning from HDD to SSD should have no impact vis a vis secure boot.
The new drive is a full copy of the old.

Moving to Win 11 is a whole different thing.

You can't clone from HDD to SSD AND move to Win 11 in the same movement.
One at a time. Change drive first, or upgrade first.

Solution

bep1995

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Aha... Ok, I understand... !! I mention windows 11 because windows 11 requires secure boot and tpm and if I have to disable them for cloning maybe the pc will not posting. Maybe my question was silly but I want to be sure about that.