dirtydancin

Prominent
Nov 24, 2021
So recently my Disk D Drive has been going all the way up to 100% anytime I try and play any game. I do not know what has started this problem but one thing I may say is that I was playing a bunch of modpacks on minecraft that required at least 8-10G of RAM and I have 16Gb of RAM on my pc. I have the VRLA Tech Apollo with a AMD Ryzen 5 3600, b450 MB, 16GB DDR4, 120GB M.2 NVME+ 1TB 7200RPM 3.5' SATA Hard Drive, RTX 2060, 500W +80 PSU, with a wifi adapter and 2 fans. Im starting to think that it was due to the MC modpacks requiring so much RAM which messed up my PC with its memory. Now when I try and play any other game, it either doesnt load the graphics, closes out of the game completely and I cant reopen the game, or just crashes my computer entirely to where I have to force shut down my PC. I mainly play rocket league, apex, valorant, halo infinite and thats about it. I was thinking about getting a new SSD along with a new HDD but I have no clue what is wrong with my HDD and why its stuck at 100%. Please Help, I just wanna play my games again. This has always also been a problem with my steam games, any time I play one game such as valorant or RL on epic games and then try to play a game on steam, it no longer chooses to work and crashes.

dirtydancin

Prominent
Nov 24, 2021
Can you please download CrystalDiskInfo and share its SMART values.

Even it does not show something, your hard disk is dying. Please copy any file that you might need in the future to a safe location.
should i try and get a new disk drive? i’ll also copy all of my important information thank you for letting me know.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
I don't know the age of your HD, some HDs have 2-3, some 5 years of guarantee. You can try to RMA it.

And yes it is a good time to buy a 1 TB or 2 TB disk, prices are low, and the time is right. I would like to recommend WD Black . 2 TB is 80 USD, 1 TB is 50 USD.

dirtydancin

Prominent
Nov 24, 2021
I don't know the age of your HD, some HDs have 2-3, some 5 years of guarantee. You can try to RMA it.

And yes it is a good time to buy a 1 TB or 2 TB disk, prices are low, and the time is right. I would like to recommend WD Black . 2 TB is 80 USD, 1 TB is 50 USD.
I had it built by VRLA during christmas 2020 but I obviously messed up somewhere in between then and now that screwed up my PC. Should I also get a new ssd with more storage or just a new HD?

dirtydancin

Prominent
Nov 24, 2021

I just checked crystal disk info and it says both drives are healthy and good.

dirtydancin

Prominent
Nov 24, 2021
Crystaldisk info SMART values screenshot... When you check from the task manager it is 100 percent disk usage in Task Manager? Right?
Yes in task manager it goes to 100% when i try and load up any game at all. On CrystalDiskInfo my D drive says good and is at 34C and my C drive says Good 97% and 47C