Disk error, can't load windows

Jeffthedrunk

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Hi. I turned on my computer yesterday and it said disk error. So I put in my windows disk and tried to repair with no luck.
So I bought a new hard drive and started the installation of windows 7. When it was almost finished it said windows cannot install on your current system. So I tried installing again, but it wouldn't let me format the drive to install again.
When I restarted the computer I get windows boot manager, message is windows failed to start, a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Now I can't even load the windows disk before this message appears, I even tried my copy of vista and I still get this message before it loads.
Not sure if it could be a motherboard issue or not, I have been having problems getting windows to load recently. I usually had to plug and unplug different USB devices or internal hard drives just to get windows to start. Thanks for any help

Hi
Your Windows DVD has a ram test program or use memtest86 or memtest86+

To test the memory modules
Then look at the capacitors near to the CPU socket
You need a bright light look for bulging or leaking capacitors
If capacitors failing you need a new motherboard or if a very expensive motherboard someone with the skill & experience of replacing them

Best of luck
Mike Barnes