Question Disk has two drives and Boot problems

Daniel Hadaya

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015
Hi,
Sometimes when I boot my PC it freezes in the Windows logo, without the loading balls. I have to shut down my PC from the power button and start it up again until it starts working again. I had made a new fresh install of the Windows to the SSD.

I have tried to go through the Startup Repair, but it doesn't show any errors, but when I enter the Command Prompt from here:

uBEdiDM.png

and I type C: -> DIR , there is no files visible.
If I in the other hand when I type F: -> DIR , I get the usual Windows, Program Files etc. visible.

This is confusing, as while logged in Windows, the sub files Windows, Program Files etc. are located under C:\, and the System Reserved F:\ is empty (125MB free / 548MB) and yes I have selected show hidden files.

Here is a image from the Disk Management, for some reason there is C and F assigned in the Disk 0 (boot drive).
5ptv8fX.png

Here's a screenshot of the Disk 0 properties:
7Ps1T3g.png

I hope to get help. If you need any more information, I'll give them. My Windows is in Finnish, but I can translate anything you need.

My PC Specs if needed:
Windows 10 Pro
AMD FX-6200
8GB RAM
750 Ti
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
1x Kingston A400 240 Gt (Main, boot drive)
1x Kingston SSDNow V+200 60GB (Secondary drive)
1x WD Green WD10EADS 1TB (Secondary drive)

yztU4m1.png

Download hard disk sentinel and see if you have problems with the drives.
The active drive is probably on the wrong one.
Disconnect all drives apart from C drive.

After re-reading
I think you did the error on windows install.
Always install it while no other drives are in your computer, I think it's looking at the others as being Active and getting confused.

USARFet is the expert when it comes to all this

Reactions: Daniel Hadaya