Disk Is At Or Near Capacity! - But Its Not?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general (More info?)

Hi,

We've just had a strange error appear on our 2000 server, apparently the
disk is at or near capacity, its says there is a 500mb quota threshold set
on drive C: and we need to delete some files, however if you right click on
drive c: and do properties it says there is still 2gb free, although when
you double click on drive C: and go into it, it says only 7mb is free. I
can't understand where this 500mb limit is coming from, there is no quota
set on the drive. I've gone to quota management, and its not enabled or
anything!

Does anyone have any ideas where this limit is coming from?

Cheers

Ben

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general (More info?)

Symantec Quarantine server storage has such threshold by default.
7MB of the free space is really very near capacity.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general (More info?)

But we're not using Symantec Quarantine server. And it only says 7mb when
you open the C: drive, if you right click properties on my computer, it says
1.2gb is free! Seems to be miss reporting it some how. But we have no
thresholds set anywhere.

Ben

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general (More info?)

Look into RecycleBin and run chkdsk.