disk management help please ?and which sdd i buy ?

slimshady044

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014
hello guys
i have 1TB disk drive
and i divided it to 2 disk one is C 348GB free of 714GB
and two is D 200 GB
so i'm thinking to buy a sdd just for the system(windows files )
and transfer the pc files and everything from C except the system files so when i install the sdd the only thing that i lose is windows and the files not included
SO how i do it ? just copy paste ? btw i'm gonna shrink at least 600GB for the files i'm moving to the F that i will create
or i need to copy paste and then change the destination or the Target ? and how i do it please :(</3!
one more Q ?
I have the WD Black 1TB is it worth it to buy an sdd ? i just want it for the system so i wont buy more than 100gb sdd
Thanks in advance

Solution
I just made two builds for a local hardware company using a Samsung EVO for both. I was really impressed, especially with the Samsung magician software. I am typing on a comp with an OCZ Agility 4, 512GB and I like it very much even though it isn't the fastest SSD out there. Have made several builds with the SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD. Had to update the firmware on each one, though. No big deal. I have a Kingston HyperX 3K, on my second comp which is a great SSD.

Find one that fits your budget and has the MB's that you want. Look for sales. The Egg has had the EVO SSD's on sale of & on.
I would install the ssd in the same port that the original boot hdd is in. Then load windows, then the MB drivers and after you get your system up and running OK, install the hdd into another sata port and you should have access to it to do what ever you want with it. All you files, documents and etc will stll be on the hdd.

But just before windows install, you should boot into BIOS first and make sure that it is set in AHCI mode which is best for a SSD to get the best R/W speeds.

You can redirect the downloads, documents and pictures, etc to the HDD so you won't fill up the SSD. Also, you might want to delete the windows files and other not needed files from the hdd.

slimshady044

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

Thank you very much for the great answer
but you didnt answer me about wha t sdd should i buy ?

I just made two builds for a local hardware company using a Samsung EVO for both. I was really impressed, especially with the Samsung magician software. I am typing on a comp with an OCZ Agility 4, 512GB and I like it very much even though it isn't the fastest SSD out there. Have made several builds with the SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD. Had to update the firmware on each one, though. No big deal. I have a Kingston HyperX 3K, on my second comp which is a great SSD.

Find one that fits your budget and has the MB's that you want. Look for sales. The Egg has had the EVO SSD's on sale of & on.

Solution