Disk order is wrong on ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard.

bsorn23

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
I recently built my new PC with a Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe drive and a 1TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD. When I was installing Windows 10, I noticed the Samsung drive was on disk 1 and the Seagate drive was on disk 0. I tried to find a solution to fix this after I installed Windows but I couldn't find anything to solve it. Also worse, when I boot to the Samsung drive, it brings me back to my bios. However, when I boot from the Seagate drive, it boots to Windows which I found odd since I did install Windows on the Samsung drive. Is there any way to fix this where my Samsung drive is in Disk 0 and can boot from Windows and my Seagate drive is in Disk 1 for storage and media only? Thank you.

Solution
It doesn't really matter if you can't change it, but only the boot drive should be connected when you install the OS. The quickest way to fix it is to disconnect the Seagate drive and reinstall the OS; then the boot partition will be created on the Samsung drive.
It doesn't really matter if you can't change it, but only the boot drive should be connected when you install the OS. The quickest way to fix it is to disconnect the Seagate drive and reinstall the OS; then the boot partition will be created on the Samsung drive.

Solution