Disk Read Error Occurred on boot

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Few days ago I install a Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion dv6000. It was ok for the first two days then started to get a message saying their is an error in system 32, and wants me to run f something utility (cant remember what it was).

One night the computer was running fine, and shut down fine. When I start it up the next morning on boot I got a black scream message saying "disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart" Doesn't help when I restart it. Then I burn a trail version of windows 7 onto a dvd from Microsoft website, and tried to reinstall windows during boot by pressing F9, selecting boot from dvd, but end up back at the same error message.

I spend hours reading all over the net about this problem, and realize it could be one out of many problems. only understand about half the stuff I read. If anyone here got the time to give me a hand with this one on one would really appreciate it.

I'm on, and off it from 2PM-2AM E.S.T.
Thanks for the help.

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

yes it shows that. What should I do in thier?

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

I think were not on the same page. I don't see a computer window, nor the mouse is accessible in what I think the bios is. The bios your referring to is the blue, and gray page that you enter by pressing f10 key few seconds after you turn on the computer correct?

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

It dosen't load that far. I only see the HP logo which is about 5 seconds after i turn on the computer then i see the error message and stuck thier....

Forgot... Did u try to unplug the drive, reset the BIOS to the default and than restart, shut down and than plug back, and start again.

Make sure u have plugged in just mouse and keyboard.

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

ur talking about the dvd/Hard drive?

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

just pull out the dvd drive. reset bios to default, reset computer, turn it off, plug back in dvd drive, tried to boot from dvd, but it didnt load and got back to error message scream

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

I'm not sure what the problem is. When I turn on my laptop I see the HP logo then after 10 seconds after im stuck on a black scream saying "disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

I'm trying to reinstall the windows guessing that might fix it. however I can't get the dvd with the windows setup to read.

computer was running fine, and shut down fine.

When I start it up the next morning on boot I got a black scream message saying "disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart"
OK
Doesn't help when I restart it.
OK

U said u have a black screen. How did u burn DVD?
Then I burn a trail version of windows 7 onto a dvd from Microsoft website, and tried to reinstall windows during boot by pressing F9, selecting boot from dvd, but end up back at the same error message.

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

I burn the dvd off this laptop. My second laptop that I'm talking to you on right now

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

i just jacked out the hard drive, and tried to boot the windows dvd, but got a message saying operating system not found. turn it off jack it back in, and boot from dvd but same error message....

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

I just tried to start the dvd on this computer during boot scream but im not sure if i press something wrong or it didnt work. Im going to try agian i'll be back in 3-4mins

sekai2073

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

I have the windows 7 files like this in the dvd it shouldn't be a problem right?

DVD>W7UAct(folder namer)>All of the other windows file