Disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl alt del to reRecovery

Yaymajyan

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Hello everyone. I got this problem on my laptop, dell Inspiron N5010. I found out that its a hard drive issue. My question is what can I do to not loose anything. I bought a seagate backup drive but i don't know where to go or what to do from here on. I want to boot the laptop with the f12 on startup but I'm scared of loosing everything. Does anyone know if by booting the system will I loose everything. I have pictures videos music and most important my daughters newborn pictures. Please help. I appreciate any help.

Solution
You can attempt a boot but that might not work. Continuing to use a failing hard drive can cause permanent data loss. Removing the hard drive is the best choice but you still need to power it on to recover data. I suggest you get help if your not familiar with removing the internal hard drive.

DeadRam

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
You can attempt a boot but that might not work. Continuing to use a failing hard drive can cause permanent data loss. Removing the hard drive is the best choice but you still need to power it on to recover data. I suggest you get help if your not familiar with removing the internal hard drive.

Solution