Disk Read Error

Napsta

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
I recently installed a Cooler Master Evo 212+ Cpu fan and a Corsair Cx 500 Watt Psu.I notice that after I installed Everything and Started my Computer up it was loading perfectly fine but it got to the "loading operating System" black screen..and it said "Disk Read error" Press Ctrl+alt+delete , doing so restarts my computer and it gives me a load of options [f12]Reboot , [End]Flash , [F9]Recovery there was one more options labeled q/flash but , I can't remember the key.One thing that I noticed was when i clicked on reboot there was an dot next to my hard drive when I clicked it Said reboot hard drive and something System.....I've tried re-plugging the sata cords and all ,even banged it a few times (what some people suggested) and it keeps Bringing me back to the "disk read Error" screen..............If anyone can help please!!! I'm really hoping I don't have to buy a new hard Drive , I rather Just re-install my windows 7 buy I'm not sure if that'll work.

-Thanks

Solution
Did you check the BIOS to make sure the drive showed up? If it shows up as a device, check the boot order to make sure it's listed there as well. Make sure you have the drive in the same port that it was before you installed the new equipment, you could have moved it to a different SATA port on the motherbard.
Did you check the BIOS to make sure the drive showed up? If it shows up as a device, check the boot order to make sure it's listed there as well. Make sure you have the drive in the same port that it was before you installed the new equipment, you could have moved it to a different SATA port on the motherbard.

Solution

Napsta

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
So This is what I've done so far,at the boot screen I pressed the [END] Key which gave me 2 options to either "save bios on hard drive" or "Update bios from drive" When I selected update bios it said "no hard drive found" but everything was plugged in correctly.

So something happened to disconnect the drive. Try a different SATA cable and/or a different port on the motherboard. Try the drive in a different computer as a secondary drive and see it it's seen there.

Napsta

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
tried the above solutions Didn't work . I've tried 6 different Sata Cables and 5 different Motherboard ports.My last solution is to Reformat my windows 7,but not sure if that will fix the problem.

If the drive is not seen in the BIOS you can't re-install Windows on it anyway. Try the drive in another computer (as a secondary drive so you don't mess up the booting of the other system).