Disk Space at 100% Constantly

PsychoManiac21

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
I have been having problems with my hard drive. My PC will freeze and when I check task manager after the freeze it is always the disk. This started happening after I upgraded to windows 10. I have been talking to a employee from Microsoft about the issue for two weeks. He did not fix the issue. I did not look at everything that he did but the final conclusion he made is that it is my motherboard. He said that the drivers, I believe, didn't have a Windows 10 support yet or something of that nature. I have a gigabyte f2a88xm-hd3 motherboard. I ahve been having this issue for a while please can someone help. Thank you.

Hey there, @PsychoManiac21!

I'd recommend you backup all your important files from the HDD before proceeding with the troubleshooting! Once you have them safe and sound, copied elsewhere, try running the HDD manufacturer's brand-specific diagnostic tool or a third-party alternative to determine the health and SMART status of the drive. If you haven't tried this already, disable these Windows Services - Super fetch, Windows Search & Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).

If the problem persists, try swapping the SATA cable connecting the HDD with a different one and also plug it to another SATA port on the motherboard. Hopefully, that will fix the issue.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting!
SuperSoph_WD

PsychoManiac21

Distinguished
May 24, 2015

I didn't mean to mislead you but it would seem like if that was the case it would be, as the title says, constantly at 100%. It dips and i am sorry for the misleading title.