[SOLVED] Disk space...

woofwoofbark

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
I have an ssd 250gb.. windows reads it as 232gb..
Anyway...
I only have 57gb free, too many games installed..

But, im not very technical but I'll assk..
I right clicked all the folders on the drive and they total 93.9GB..
If the size if the disk is 232gb and there 57.1gb free..

The total doesnt add up ?
57.1gb plus 93.9gb =151gb ..

Where is the other 81gb ?

I hope this makes sense and if anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear...
thanks.

Solution
Right-Click on the disk in the Windows explorer, choose properties, then Disk cleanup and then "Clean up system files".
This will delete all Update related dead weight, as well as some Windows backup files you won't need. You can easily gain several 10 Gigs from that, if you are lucky with the upgrade files and related logs.

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
Right-Click on the disk in the Windows explorer, choose properties, then Disk cleanup and then "Clean up system files".
This will delete all Update related dead weight, as well as some Windows backup files you won't need. You can easily gain several 10 Gigs from that, if you are lucky with the upgrade files and related logs.

Reactions: woofwoofbark
Solution

woofwoofbark

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
I asked someplace else too and downloaded a prgram from windows store called Treesize free..
I found 10gb of cache from acestream and also State of Decay 2, this game doesnt showunder program files...

I deleted the game and the cache and Im now at 104gb free..

One thing I noticed is that right clicking Windows it shows as 3.45gb but treesize read it as 23gb...
So 20gb of windows files are hidden ?

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
I asked someplace else too and downloaded a prgram from windows store called Treesize free..
I found 10gb of cache from acestream and also State of Decay 2, this game doesnt showunder program files...

I deleted the game and the cache and Im now at 104gb free..

One thing I noticed is that right clicking Windows it shows as 3.45gb but treesize read it as 23gb...
So 20gb of windows files are hidden ?
Those 20 GB can easily be update related logs and dead weight. Try clean system files from the disk cleanup options and see how much they occupy.