Question Disk usage 100%, O KB/s R/W

Nov 4, 2018
This has been happening for a while now and I don't know how to fix it.
Whenever I want to use my SSD, it's usage suddenly jumps to 100% with 0 kb/s R/W for no good reason.
In the past, reformating the drive worked but the issue is here again.
I have 4 drives in total. M.2 boot SSD and 2x 3.5HDD work just fine, but this 2.5 SSD is the only drive with a problem and is pretty much the least used drive in the entire system.
The drive is "Kingston A400 480GB ".
Any ideas about what to do with it?

When I open a folder on the drive:
p1EOIDJ.png
When I tried to run a WM from the drive (VMWare stopped responding):
xktQCEy.png
Launching a game launcher and downloading some data:
SMaldGs.png

Most you could do is swap which drives use what SATA ports on mainboard, and swap SATA data cables just to confirm issue sticks with the drive...no matter which cable or port is used.

If problem sticks with your Kingston, highly possible the drive is 'buggered'. (Perhaps there is a firmware update for it that might correct it's buggy operation...)

If it is bad, then Crucial's MX500 1 TB drive is $109, 500 GB is $65 or so...

Nov 4, 2018
Most you could do is swap which drives use what SATA ports on mainboard, and swap SATA data cables just to confirm issue sticks with the drive...no matter which cable or port is used.

If problem sticks with your Kingston, highly possible the drive is 'buggered'. (Perhaps there is a firmware update for it that might correct it's buggy operation...)

If it is bad, then Crucial's MX500 1 TB drive is $109, 500 GB is $65 or so...
I will try that later.
EDIT: Just updated the FW and all seems fine (for now). Will report back if it goes haywire again.

I would examine its SMART report with a tool such as CrystalDiskInfo:

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/
Sadly that won't tell me much.:
CTthhAf.png

Last edited: