Disk usage 100%, PC UNUSABLE AND LAGGY

LuvdemTacos

Commendable
May 16, 2016
I need urgent help with my pc. This all stared 2-3 days ago. I bought a new wifi receiver because my old one broke. When i plugged in the wifi receiver, it wouldnt work. So i reinstalled windows and the wifi was working. For a day or two it was all fine, until my PC started to freeze and lag ALOT. I did the usual ctrl+alt+del to open task manager to see that my disk usage was at 100% even tho there were no apps running. I went to system services, turned of superfecth, when to regedit and put MSIsupporter to 0. It worked, my PC worked normally. Until the next day, the same thing happened, and i tried to fix it by doing the same thing but it wouldnt work.

Now..when i turn on my PC, all is fine, task manager says my disk usage is between 0%-13%. But as soon as i plug in my wifi receiver/adapter, the pc just breaks down and lags like crazy and disk usage explodes to 100%. I need immediate help on this and thank you for anyone who answers.

This is standard behavior when windows is downloading updates, performing file indexing and running disk defragmenter.
Having an SSD makes a huge difference in those situations (those processes finish much faster)
You can determine what is happening at the moment with Resource Monitor (see disk section there, order by column total descending).
Post screenshot, if still you can't get clear understanding.

BTW - reinstall was completely unnecessary.

LuvdemTacos

Commendable
May 16, 2016
i cant screenshot as my pc IS unusable when its laggy, im on my phone rn and ill describe what its showing.

In resource monitor,DISK: 0KB/sec Disk I/O...0% Highest Activity Time
But the graph shows very high spikes then low spikes with the reading of 100KB/Sec

In Task Manager, Disk usage is still 100%