Disk usage 100%

dfdgsag

Reputable
May 1, 2015
I recently replaced my old psu and when i booted up my pc i had to reinstall my mouse and keyboard as devices again and also i been at 100 percent disk usage...also i had to update pretty much everything else which was already updated before i had changed psu..is their any way to fix the high disk usage which never happened before because i have plenty of space

All your PSU does is provide power.

If all those other things are happening, you have some other problem.

A hard drive being at 100% constantly is normally a sign that the hard drive is failing and is taking way too long to read or write something.

The first thing you should do is to backup anything you want to keep that is on that drive. The sooner you get a backup made, the better off you will be.

Once that is done, I would open My Computer or This PC, right click on that drive (probably C: ), select Properties, and then the Tools tab, and then Check Disk.

See if any errors are found. Sometimes, Windows can replace bad sectors. But if there are a lot of them, it is best to replace the drive before it fails.

If no errors are found, then something else is causing the drive to constantly be busy, and you need to find out what it is.

dfdgsag

Reputable
May 1, 2015

i did it said nothing i checked task manager and their is something making my disk work overtime its service host local system any suggestions?

G

Are you running Windows 8? If yes then go to Task Manager,and to processes.Threw you should see the programs which use the disk most.If tippy don't have Windows 8,then get Process Explorer,once installed and open,hover over the Disk graph.And it should tell you what is using the disk.

dfdgsag

Reputable
May 1, 2015

I never had this issue before only afterwards. i had disconnected the sata cable from my harddrive when i was moving cables around in my case and reconnected it later on and when i turned on my pc the boot up process was somewhat slower and i had a black screen for a few seconds which i never had before and i also had to re update all my apps and also my pc was looking for devices (keyboard and mouse) which it never did before personally i think this has something to do with the issue, any suggestions besides going to the support page knowing what i just told you?