[SOLVED] Disk usage 100

Sep 19, 2019
So, i have been dealing with this problem for 2 days but with no succes, it says disk usage 100 and in the resource monitor "System Write B/sec over 6 million" Can someone help me?

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

have you run scans of the drives to make sure they ok? try HD Tune or HD Sentinel
Does it have same usage in safe mode?

system process is the go through point for all hdd usage so it makes sense its using drive, although the usage seems high
Have you run AV scans?

Reactions: MoldoMTG
Sep 19, 2019
what are specs of the PC?

have you run scans of the drives to make sure they ok? try HD Tune or HD Sentinel
Does it have same usage in safe mode?

system process is the go through point for all hdd usage so it makes sense its using drive, although the usage seems high
Have you run AV scans?
sorry for not responding at the right time
My specs are :

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Video Card
AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series

RAM
8.0 GB

Operating System
Windows 10

I've run the windows anti virus but with no succes
I've did never run any drive check, im gonna try to do it

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Drive, not driver. What Make is the hard drive? many hdd makers have programs you can run to test drive.

can you show screenshot of resource monitor showing the usage sorted by writes? upload to image sharing website and show link here

see if you get same usage in safe mode
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if its still 100% here, its likely hardware.

Colif

Win 11 Master
that is Steam using it all. Are you updating games?

turn steam off and problem might go away unless you downloading a stack of games?

if you have it set to run at startup, it will check any installed games and auto download updates. I don't let it run at startup, I choose when to let it go nuts.

Reactions: MoldoMTG
Sep 19, 2019
that is Steam using it all. Are you updating games?

turn steam off and problem might go away unless you downloading a stack of games?

if you have it set to run at startup, it will check any installed games and auto download updates. I don't let it run at startup, I choose when to let it go nuts.
i dont have it to startup but everytime i start it up my disk usage goes nuts
i've booted into safe mode but it doesnt show disk usage or network