Disk Usage at %100. (Win 10 pro)

OmaerNyc

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hi, i am having this issue like many others. I googled it and tried many steps before posting this but i am still having the problem and it drives me nuts. I tried,
Superfetch
win search
prefetch
change power plan to high
something about chrome and skype
also something about AHCI
chkdsk f r x
Reset Virtual Memory
update device drivers
ran a couple different free anti virus programs.
and there are other things that i did but cant remember it at the moment.

This just started to happen about 2 weeks ago, my system was up to date and it was running fine with win 10 updates, so i believe that's not the issue. Is there anything i can do before a clean install? My HDD is fairly old (about 4,5 years) i am going to buy SSD if i am going to reinstall the windows (bc i think the hard drive is failing eventhough SMART thing or windows didnt show any problems with it) , however, as a student i am on a tight budget, therefore i am trying not to do that.
Please help

Solution
You have a very bad spot in HDD the rate should be constatly going down for example from 125-75 but you have drop in reading in one part of HDD and thats why it might be soo slow,
i would suggest you to new HDD/SSD as you see,
the blue line represents transfer rate (you cannot write on HDD which has DATA and your windows is running on it) the drop to 0 means there is something bad, you can error scan if you wanna.
In error scan just press start and do the full.
Others may have opinion as well, but mine is buy new HDD/SSD.

If you buy new HDD trasnfer all data to new one, and do the full format to the old one and let it do it, after that you can again download HD tune and check, if the speed is constant that means it was some error...
Start up task manager and under process tab you can select Disc, which HDD do you have? Download CrystalDIskInfo if it says anything else than Good you gotta back up your data. Have you tried doing optimizing on HDD if you have a lot of stuff and defragging (it combines data closer soo it access it quicker). I recommend Auslogics Disk Defrag.
Untitled.jpg

OmaerNyc

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
This is the hard disk i ve, WD blue WD5000AAKX, i have free 180gb, and just downloaded the CrystalDiskInfo and it says Good.
I tried check/analyze/optimize. After doing that it seems like disk usage lowers but hits 100 percent every few mins instead of doing it constantly. And after restarting my pc, it starts with 100 percent disk usage again.

But did you see what uses your Disk at task manager?

evil_paprika

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
Same Problem here brand new PC still cant fix after 20 days
Bought brand new everything in the PC a 1TB HDD aswell and i have no idea why its happening buying a SSD will not fix the problem.
My Topic:http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3631109/problem-micro-stutters-game-menus-disk-usage-high-apps-idle-dekstop-gameplay-normal.html

OmaerNyc

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
@robert ban

I just realized one more thing, any file that i open (could be ms office program, photos, videos) pushes my disk usage to 100 for a few seconds. than it goes back to normal(a few percent)
I dont know if this has anything to do with it but just wanted to mention

OmaerNyc

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016

not sure which option is the test the hdd but if its the benchmark, thats what i did, however, only the read option. it doesnt let me do the benchmark for write. SS is attached below for the read.

read.jpg

You have a very bad spot in HDD the rate should be constatly going down for example from 125-75 but you have drop in reading in one part of HDD and thats why it might be soo slow,
i would suggest you to new HDD/SSD as you see,
the blue line represents transfer rate (you cannot write on HDD which has DATA and your windows is running on it) the drop to 0 means there is something bad, you can error scan if you wanna.
In error scan just press start and do the full.
Others may have opinion as well, but mine is buy new HDD/SSD.

If you buy new HDD trasnfer all data to new one, and do the full format to the old one and let it do it, after that you can again download HD tune and check, if the speed is constant that means it was some error that caused.
But if still similar graph your HDD may be damaged sorta.

(im not really an expert i know some basic and little advanced stuff)

Solution

evil_paprika

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
well I bought a brand new PC with brand new HDD and i have the same thing happening
And i saw a few people who had this problem even after buying a SSD or HDD I have no idea how to locate the problem

It could be ram issue, cable, CPU, bios firmware, windows, anything.
I have my HDD for over 24K of hours and still same read/write rate.
Oh i forgot something
Start up resource monitor by typing in start,
then under disk tab you can see what it eats up.
Read/write just check.

evil_paprika

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017

My Disk Health is Good how it seems.
CPU Temperature seems absolutely normal .usage seems a bit wierd bcs it spikes up a lot ath times when you open a program its literally does this 5%>70%>5%.
GPU does the same thing sometimes have no idea if thats normal.
My Specs are : i5 8600k GTX 1060 6gb 16 GB DDR4 RAM 2400Mhz 1 TB HDD
I know i should have bought a SSD but i saw a milion people while searching for an fix that have an SSD and have the same problem.
I didnt update BIOS, Chipset drivers bcs i really dont know how.
Rest seems totally normal. I never had any problems with Windows or PC problems in general before so i really dont know. Everything else is udapted.
This drives me mental and whenever i launch up games the Game menu totally lags for like half an minute and then is normal and whenever i press something in game menus the FPS goes from 200 normal to 30-40 and goes back after 5-10 seconds. And it causes totally random FPS lag spikes aswell while gaming sometimes totally frikin random sometimes happends after 5 minutes into the game and sometimes after 2 hours

You just see by your motherboard (inside case) ram slot name of your motherboard for example Asrock H81M-DGS R2.0, you type that in google, you need to know which operating system you have (round start button is windows 7, edge is on windows 10) then you go to support on that page which is your motherboard (some motherboards have revision 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and etc that is typed on your motherboard on bottom left corner) and select your windows and then it will popup.

Type the motherboard model and ill type what to download.

And you could open your post soo others can try to help.

evil_paprika

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
I really belive its something software related,There is people who have a SSD and this still happend to them as i read on some forum. There is no installer. i know which one to get man, The Install part i do not understand. I posted 3 Topic on Tomshardawre for my 100% disk usage problem and nobody responded in 2 weeks

You just install, download run it and install, restart if asked, and thats it. There is not a big problem.
When you install windows and don't do this, that things happen like you saw on HD Tune, issues, black screen, BSOD.
That happens.
Its not going to Device Manager and selecting which driver is going for what, its just simple install, its not 18 years ago.

How old are you?

If you wanna i can guide you on discord if you are willing.

And yes this is my real name soo im not ashamed if someone googles me.

evil_paprika

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
The Thing is i have this version F4 for my mobo. And i download the new BIOS drivers F7h or something like that i unpack the zip and inside there is autoexec. efiflash and Z370AUG.F7h and they dont do anything.