Disk Usage is at 100% and windows doesn't respond

harikanduri01

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Hi Guys, I have my disk at 100% every single time i login windows 10. the CPU shows a redlight continuous without blinking. unlike others i am not good at debugging so i disable my kaspersky antivirus for 30 minutes( reason: kaspersky prompts me for an update, i update but when i try to shut down and re-login the windows login page typically takes 5 minutes or after login none of the functions such as opening chrome, copying a file respond- it looks like the classic message of windows is not responding).

I read other forum pages who had the similar issue, but none of them has my problem.
It would be really helpful, if someone tells me what is the cause for this issue.

Boot up in windows safe mode (with network) - does it do the same?
If it does not then when you boot back into windows normally, use Task manager and turn off everything that starts up with the computer.

Install Hard Disk Sentinel to monitor your hard disk incase its going to die soon, this will warn you.

Backing up is good because if the HDD fails then you will lose all data. Download HDD sentinel from here: https://www.harddisksentinel.com/hdsentinel_setup.zip

And check the hdd with it.

This is why I always recommend this software, it is really a life saver.
As you can see it is telling you to replace immediately, meaning it can die any time.

Best thing is to get another drive asap and put that in your machine and back up your main data.
The software is worth purchasing imo