Disk Usage Wont Go Past 50%!!

May 25, 2018
My disk usage will not go past 50% on my Windows 8.1 computer. I don't know how to build computers, although I had someone install me a second hard drive not too long ago. I'm trying to download an update on steam but the disk usage on steam will not go up, and my disk on task manager will not move from 50%. Please help!!!

Solution
So? If that's all that's needed, that's all that'll get used. Just because you are downloading doesn't mean the hdd will run 100%usage. You are only downloading a certain amount of info, that's getting processed, and saved. Being a Steam server, it's not an uber fast download either. A 50Gb game takes an overnight run. So you could possibly not be downloading enough to make the hdd usage go past 50%

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
So? If that's all that's needed, that's all that'll get used. Just because you are downloading doesn't mean the hdd will run 100%usage. You are only downloading a certain amount of info, that's getting processed, and saved. Being a Steam server, it's not an uber fast download either. A 50Gb game takes an overnight run. So you could possibly not be downloading enough to make the hdd usage go past 50%

Solution