Question [DiskGenius] Skip Partition Check

Myronazz

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2016
Hello, I wish to resize my exFAT partition, I heard you can only do that with DiskGenius, when I try to resize my parition, DiskGenius first looks for errors in my files, however I just want to resize my partition, im fairly confident my files are fine and have backups in case things go wrong, so how do I skip it?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
not sure where you heard that. windows should do it fine with disk management as should any number of 3rd party utilities.

but for that software, i'd guess there is a setting somewhere that turns off the error check. never seen one that forces the check but might suggest it. look a bit closer and you might find a box to check to stop it from happening.

otherwise, start it up, go binge some Sabrina on Netflix and come back later when it's done :)

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, I wish to resize my exFAT partition, I heard you can only do that with DiskGenius, when I try to resize my parition, DiskGenius first looks for errors in my files, however I just want to resize my partition, im fairly confident my files are fine and have backups in case things go wrong, so how do I skip it?
Whoever told you that "DiskGenius" was the one and only is wrong.

If DiskGenius is a non braindead application,. it should give you the option to skip that test function.

Myronazz

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2016
Sorry for the late reply (GCSEs are draining me!!!) but yeah, there is no option to turn it off so I had to wait, and no Windows Disk Manager does not support resizing of exFAT, if you right click the options are greyed out, to my understanding you can only format using exFAT but that's it, nothing extra like resizing and expanding

I was only able to find DiskGenius to resize exFAT, everyone from multiple sites said a bunch of famous tools like AOMEI cannot, maybe there are and I didn't find them however.

Thanks for the help anyway!