Diskpart clean HELP!!!

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Please help..
I've had two windows, win 8 and win 10. So i thought that i could install win 7 on a seperate partition but there was an error saying that the disk is gpt style.

I searched up and found that i can clean/convert a partition to mbr, so i used the Shift+f10 on win 7 installation screen, selected the 3 tb drive and used the clean command after selecting the partition... :'(

Now everything is gone.. all of the volumes are gone.

I have my win 8 on a seperate hdd (1 tb seagate ) .. But it is not booting up ... its Says "a disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

What happened?? I accidentally cleaned my 3 tb drive (which had win 10 on it), but why isn't win 8 booting up?? Please i need help.. I have all of my data on those drives, and now there is no working os on my system ..What should i do ? HELP?!

Please look into the diskpart commands before you use them.
Clean is a disk wide command which Cleans ALL the partition's off the drives you ran the clean command on,
Example: Disk 0 has Partition 1 and Partition 2, when you run the clean command on disk 0 it will clear Partition 1 and 2. You will need to run a different command to delete a partition.
Chances are that part of your boot record lived on the drive you wiped out which is why Windows 8 wont boot.

You might be able to do a Windows repair with a Windows 8 disk on the 1TB drive but everything on the 3TB drive is gone and you will need to use recovery tools (like Recuva) to recover that data to another drive first, than write it back.

An easy no destructive way to test if a clean command will mess up your system would be to remove the drive you are planning on cleaning and make sure everything still works.

Also about GPT and MBR, GPT is REQUIRED for partitions over 2.2TB, MBR cannot work with a partition over 2.2TB (you will only get a 700GB drive). Windows 7 does have support for GPT partitions.