[SOLVED] Diskpart occurred i/o error. See system log and 0x800757 format error.

Saloth

Commendable
Oct 14, 2021
I bought Goodram 240Gb CL100 SSD. Can't format it or install Win7 "64 Ultimate either. I use usb pen drive installer with SP1 and latest key updates. In BIOS i switched IDE to AHCI. In cmd window I type what in this tutorial is
View: https://youtu.be/DHkoSqjJkdI
but then I get I/O error. I swapped usb ports. Same problem. That's weird because I had similar case with my hdd that probably died. Bios and installer detect my new ssd though. Just won't install.

Specs: Phenom 9550
Gigabyte Ma770ud3
8gbram
420w psu
Gtx970 palit

Saloth

Commendable
Oct 14, 2021
use diskpart
list disk command will tell you all your drives
select disk X command will select disk , replace X with that disk number (in your video its disk 0)
clean command will wipe your drive
try installing windows after clean completed
Yeah after entering "clean" a I/O error occurs. It won't clean it. It's listed as disk 0 so I did that typing "select disk 0"

Saloth

Commendable
Oct 14, 2021
if there is io error than either drive is bad or your sata ports are bad
Thanks a lot. I switched to different sata cables. And these are the same cables that 1 of my hdd drives usually uses and it works.

Unfortunately there's another error. Drive not ready. Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a3 - unexpected parameters. I can't skip it. Cancel, Retry nor Continue won't work. It's in Win7 configuring menu after you set time and zone. Even X button won't help.

Saloth

Commendable
Oct 14, 2021
Could be since it's so old and I sometimes have problems with F8 to get to system mode and other features but nevermind. I dunno what I just did but I randomly alt tabbed, saw 2 same error messages, clicked X to exit and voila. It's ready to go now. Once again thank you for all your support. Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS