[SOLVED] DISKPART only lists Bootable USB's volume

Mikey7789

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
26w5zWR.jpg

Disk 0 is currently corrupt/ not booting windows after a recent crash. Disk 1 is empty. Disk 2 is the bootable USB of Windows 10 ISO which I am trying to use to fix Disk 0. As it stands, "Repair StartUp" is not working, so I'm trying to access the drive this way and do a bootrec fixmbr etc on it.

Solution
Losing the partition table is pretty common with crashes.
There are plenty of partition managers that give you an option for a bootable disk that you can download to recover the partitions on your C drive.
Just do a search for bootable partition recovery and choose one.
Maybe you should first run the test software from the drives homepage to see if it's still in a good condition.
There are plenty of partition managers that give you an option for a bootable disk that you can download to recover the partitions on your C drive.
Maybe you should first run the test software from the drives homepage to see if it's still in a good condition.

Solution

Mikey7789

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
Oh for real? That must be what happened. I have a mac that I'm installing bootcamp on so that I can burn the bootable disks, but otherwise I don't really have a way to run any test software on the internal SSD. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help.

Oh for real? That must be what happened. I have a mac that I'm installing bootcamp on so that I can burn the bootable disks, but otherwise I don't really have a way to run any test software on the internal SSD. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help.
If it's not too difficult for you just hook up the SSD to the mac and repair it from bootcamp/windows.

I have used minitool partition manager and easus in the past but it's quite some time ago so I don't know if they are still free/any good.
Doing a search on google will show you plenty of alternatives,basically any partition manager will do.

The home page of the ssd should include formal test software,it could be a all in one suit like samsung magician or it could be seperate little dos apps.

Mikey7789

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
If it's not too difficult for you just hook up the SSD to the mac and repair it from bootcamp/windows.

I have used minitool partition manager and easus in the past but it's quite some time ago so I don't know if they are still free/any good.
Doing a search on google will show you plenty of alternatives,basically any partition manager will do.

The home page of the ssd should include formal test software,it could be a all in one suit like samsung magician or it could be seperate little dos apps.
Ended up getting it fixed. Installed Fedora on USB and ran TestDisk to repair the partitions. Then I was able to reset bootrec and get Windows booting again. Donated $25 to TestDisk. That dude saved my life! Thank you guys for help.