[SOLVED] Disks are not displayed and almost everything is blocked

Mar 23, 2020
Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro on a pc that I have it almost a year now.

Yesterday I did some update to windows and after that, I couldn't gain access to control panels, other options like changing the language of windows, don't let me see the external disks that I am plugging, and also I cant see my disks on "my computer". There is a probability that I already had this problem before the updates of windows but I am not sure. For example, if I will try to open the control panel it will show an error and says: We can't open the control panel. Your organization has blocked it (this is a translation of the error, I don't have windows in English....)

Thanks

Solution
That blocking may mean three things:

A: The key was tied to a KMS that also allowed group policy administration and it got changed there- very low chance since it would have to be connected to a work account and it'd scream at your face that it's on a work account

B: A (usually the poor coded kind) virus is meddling with the GP to block you off from drives and CP, if it blocks drive access odds that it's a ransomware

C:A disk corruption just made all those.

Money's on B, shut the PC down, disconnect from power unless you're scanning and do a malware scan with a rescue USB, like Kaspersky's Rescue Disk.
Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro on a pc that I have it almost a year now.

Yesterday I did some update to windows and after that, I couldn't gain access to control panels, other options like changing the language of windows, don't let me see the external disks that I am plugging, and also I cant see my disks on "my computer". There is a probability that I already had this problem before the updates of windows but I am not sure. For example, if I will try to open the control panel it will show an error and says: We can't open the control panel. Your organization has blocked it (this is a translation of the error, I don't have windows in English....)

Thanks
What type of win10 licence do you have ?
A licence that you purchased yourself, an OEM licence that came with your PC, or an Entreprise licence from a large organisation ?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020
What type of win10 licence do you have ?
A licence that you purchased yourself, an OEM licence that came with your PC, or an Entreprise licence from a large organisation ?
Windows 10 Pro. I bought it from eBay a couple of dollars and I have activated a long time now. I don't know anything else about my windows licence.

Mar 23, 2020
check to see if it still activated.
could be MS found out you using a bad key

did you remember where you get the installation media?

Yeah, it is still activated. If you mean installation media the source that I installed windows it's from MS .com.
Also, I have my pc one year now and I haven't any problem before.

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
That blocking may mean three things:

A: The key was tied to a KMS that also allowed group policy administration and it got changed there- very low chance since it would have to be connected to a work account and it'd scream at your face that it's on a work account

B: A (usually the poor coded kind) virus is meddling with the GP to block you off from drives and CP, if it blocks drive access odds that it's a ransomware

C:A disk corruption just made all those.

Money's on B, shut the PC down, disconnect from power unless you're scanning and do a malware scan with a rescue USB, like Kaspersky's Rescue Disk.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS