[SOLVED] Disks found and then not found leading to boot up failure

Feb 5, 2021
I have a PC which has not been booted up for 12-18 months. When switching on and pressing Delete, i get a screen telling me that the two hard disks have been detected. This is then followed by another screen telling me that no disks were found. I then get a message prompting me to enter a boot disk. How can the disks be found one minute and then not? Any help would be appreciated.

I have a couple of screenshots showing the problem but can't work out how to add them here.

Solution
Is there no way to post them directly? Do I really have to sign up to another service just to post a picture?
You don't need to create an account.

Also, seeing the Windows OS files on a disk is not the same as being able to boot from that disk. You need to confirm that you can boot from the disk.
Feb 5, 2021
I can see the disks in the BIOS. The disk has always had Windows on it and has been bootable in the past. I removed the disk and checked it on my other PC via a disk caddy and it all seems fine.

I can't list the specs at the moment as I can't get into the PC. I'll try to find the invoice from several years ago if I can and post the details then.

Would the screenshots help? How do I post them on here?