Discussion 'Dislike' button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I agree with Kanewolf. They never gave this option, just to avoid this feature from being misused. People actually abuse such kind of features, as far as I can tell from my experience. Also, giving a dislike can also start harsh arguments, or even a flame war to some extent. Depends on the type of forum as well though.

Though, we can Up-vote or Down-vote any comment or reply/answer, which is actually acceptable and is different as well, but like mentioned above, if there are any fishy posts, then just report/flag that comment.

Even for the up/down vote option, we need to carefully and wisely choose whether the solution given is indeed wrong or correct. Can't misuse it either.

Last edited:
Slightly Off Topic, but speaking of likes and up/down-votes, it appears that YouTube has totally disabled or hidden the dislike count, if I'm not mistaken. Not a single video has any dislike. They might have done this since many users were just abusing and misusing this feature.

But according to YT support, the dislike count will now be private across YouTube, but the dislike button will remain though. Means no public dislikes are displayed.

The same with the DISQUS forum software spanning across several websites, but in this case the down-vote option is still working. A lot of peeps are literally misusing this option, as observed by me. Even if there is a positive or a "constructive" comment, it gets a down-vote just for the heck of it. Disqus users are clearing abusing this option.

I have noticed a lot of good/decent/clean comments getting a down-vote. What gives ? Hope they remove it from Disqus as well. This is getting frustrating for those who want to have a constructive and civil discussion. Also, there is hardly any strict Moderation done in Disqus, so many just take due advantage of this.

Sorry for the OT. I just wanted to share this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.