DISM scan fails with error 1392

mpadhu

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Hi Folks,

I have done DISM scan to check to check the integrity of Windows image but it got failed by throwing the error 1392. Below are the pic and log file for reference.

I have also done SFC /SCANNOW, it also got failed at 16% with the message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."
Please shed light on why this has happened. FYI, I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10.

DISM scan error

DISM log

Solution
I have seen two solutions for this and one is to run dism... that might seem redundant or it might mean to run the long version

1. Dism long version
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

spacing needs to be exact on the DISM commands or it won't work.

2. The other way is to do a repair install of windows 10...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have seen two solutions for this and one is to run dism... that might seem redundant or it might mean to run the long version

1. Dism long version
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

spacing needs to be exact on the DISM commands or it won't work.

2. The other way is to do a repair install of windows 10: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Solution