Disney Uses Asus Netbook to Make 'Netpal'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
"Disney Uses Asus Netbook to Make 'Netpal'

Acer and Disney have gotten together and come up with a Disney-branded Acer netbook, which they’re calling a netpal."

I'm confused, is it Acer or ASUS?

G

Get some proof readers or better editors! The title and picture show ASUS hardware, yet you refer to ACER in the sub-line. Seriously, stop with the less then amateur mistakes.

G

"Acer and Disney have gotten together and come up with a Disney-branded Acer netbook, which they’re calling a netpal."

Err, Acer?

Seriously people, read your article for errors at least once before you post it.

Little mistakes are OK, but this is totally unacceptable.

G

..." Seriously, stop with the less then amateur mistakes."

I'm guessing you mean less than amateur mistakes? Seriously, proof your comments before you post them!

erigolhuhu

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I just got here and the error is still there ...

Come on ppl, mistakes happen ... I would like to see one page written by you without spelling check ...
They try to write those things as quick as possible so we can have the news as soon as possible and you complain and tell them not to post anymore?
Look in the mirror first before calling someone else ugly !

marks_01

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
So, to answer the original question: Yes! I'd love to have a child-proof or semi-ruggetized netbook for my kid. I think Disney/Asus really have a hot product here.

Okay, so someone accidentally said Acer instead of ASUS. Who cares. We still got the content we wanted from the article and if you care enough about the product to look it up, you'll quickly find out whether it's ASUS or Acer... no harm no foul.

... and I'd like to give a big "shut the 'ell up" to the guy who bitches about the proof-reading but doesn't know the diff. between "then" and "than."

erigolhuhu

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]marks_01[/nom]and I'd like to give a big "shut the 'ell up" to the guy who bitches about the proof-reading but doesn't know the diff. between "then" and "than."[/citation]

100% agreed !!!

I am curious as to the specs of the SSD. Most people should be better off with a 160GB HDD but as it is aimed at little kids the HDD is prone to damage (getting dropped,etc) while the SSD isn't. Btw, I'm assuming this is aimed at 8-12 year olds?

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]erigolhuhu[/nom]I just got here and the error is still there ...Come on ppl, mistakes happen ... I would like to see one page written by you without spelling check ... They try to write those things as quick as possible so we can have the news as soon as possible and you complain and tell them not to post anymore?Look in the mirror first before calling someone else ugly ![/citation]

This is a news site. We expect the editors to look over this stuff. This is not the first article to come out with multiple mistakes. It happens on an almost daily basis now. The ASUS/ACER error falls on the writer not paying attention, the double word use of "version" in "pretty much child-proof version version of your average netbook," is because they refuse to use any word processing software that has been developed since 1995.

batkerson

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Heck, I'd get one for myself. I'm very clumsy and inclined to spill things on my keyboard all the time. Seems like a good product for anyone intending to drag around a netbook with him. I'm not sure I'd go for pink, however, and I wouldn't want my wife to fiddle with the parental controls!

G

The one thing that made the Asus EeePc so beautiful was it's small bezel around the screen.
This one has anything but a small bezel around the screen, and is plain ugly!

The rest does not differ much with the 999 other Atom netbooks on the market.

funkjunky

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I agree the bezel is too large.

I'm curious about how the child proofing features work, and how usable they are to set, and how easy they are to get around.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]batkerson[/nom]Heck, I'd get one for myself. I'm very clumsy and inclined to spill things on my keyboard all the time. Seems like a good product for anyone intending to drag around a netbook with him. I'm not sure I'd go for pink, however, and I wouldn't want my wife to fiddle with the parental controls![/citation]
I agree. I'd get one myself.

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
What's with the kids dissing the back-seat editors? The difference between then and than is next to nil. The difference between Acer and Asus is pretty monumental.

dnaeye

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
The ongoing debate on grammatical infractions is besides the point, but I cannot excuse Master Exon's breach of proper grammar.

dnaeye

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Oops...as I was saying, there is a huge difference between "then" and "than". The word "then" is used when describing sequential or chronological order; "than" is used to compare two different ideas or things. The difference is "next to nil"? Um, no way. And what if the reporter got Asus and Acer mixed up? Why don't you all take a copy-editing test and see how you fare?

As to the original point, I think this netbook for kids is a great idea and way better than the cheap monochrome LCD toys they sell at Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, and Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.