Sep 12, 2019
I'm going to try to provide as many details as I can, since I've seen this posted many times before, and none of the solutions I've tried worked.

Essentially, I shut my PC down yesterday, and when I turned it back on, the background had reset to default, my main monitor settings had refreshed, and my second monitor was black. I messed around with the settings for a while and found some issues trying to get my computer to recognize that my main monitor should be running 240Hz, but got that taken care of. However, my second monitor still isn't being as cooperative. I've tried updating, rolling back, reinstalling completely, pretty much everything possible with my graphics drivers, but none of that worked either. It's showing up as if it recognizes that something is plugged in, but it simply says "Display 2 isn't active" under the display settings. I've tried swapping cables, resetting the monitor, swapping ports on my GPU (GTX 1060 by the way), and none of that worked either. Tested the HDMI on some of my game consoles and those worked fine on the second monitor. It seems as if it's just not recognizing the display port. I don't have a third monitor to preform extra tests with, nor a second computer. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Sep 12, 2019
You wrote you would try to provide as many details as you could.

main monitor - ??? (240Hz)
second monitor - ???

GTX 1060

I would guess your second monitor is not capable of displaying at 240Hz.

Monitor 1 - ACERAC 24.5" LED KG251Q (240hz)
Monitor 2 - Asus VG248QE (144hz)

In terms of detail, I meant I'd clear up what I'd tried already, since every other post on here has had the same solutions, of which none have worked for me (and in many cases the original posters as well). Guess it flew over my head to describe my actual setup lol.