[SOLVED] Display and usb not working

Jan 15, 2020
Hello i have recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu from intel to amd. I start getting problems like monitor and usb ports not working. When I disconnect the graphics card, keyboard and mouse starts working but no display. I tried everything like swapping ram sticks and taking out mobo battery, reseating cpu connector and graphics card but still no success.

my old build which worked:

Intel pentium G4560
MSI B250M Pro-VD
ballistix 8gb ddr4 ram
MSI gtx 780 3 GB
Corsair VS450

New build:

Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS A320M-K
ballistix 8gb ddr4 ram
MSI gtx 780 3 GB
Corsair VS450

Jan 15, 2020
Have you considered changing your PSU? GTX 780 sips 250W alone and the required minimum system power is 600W (from nvidia site).

ok but the display isn't turning on at all. I know that it may have not enough power but it should've atleast turn on to bios right? Are the other parts compatible? If so i will order a 550-650 PSU.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Go 650W, just to be sure and have a bit more power for later upgrades.

Please explain "the display isn't turning on at all".
Is the display itself not turning on powerwise, or is there just no response?

Jan 15, 2020
ok but the display isn't turning on at all. I know that it may have not enough power but it should've atleast turn on to bios right? Are the other parts compatible? If so i will order a 550-650 PSU.

If you have a friend with a spare 550-650 PSU that will be good, just to test or I do not know if this is right, you can order one, test and return or in case it works use the new PSU.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
No signal

These things can be faulty:
  1. the display cable is busted
  2. one of the plugs on the display cable is broken
  3. either the displayheader on the GPU or monitor is broken
  4. the GPU isn't working (but most of the time it'll still boot, just working crappy due to the drivers not being installed)
you could also buy or borrow a 650W psu and try to boot using that one.

also, can you give the memoryspeed? just the size isn't enough.

Jan 15, 2020
  4. the GPU isn't working (but most of the time it'll still boot, just working crappy due to the drivers not being installed)
you could also buy or borrow a 650W psu and try to boot using that one.

also, can you give the memoryspeed? just the size isn't enough.

ddr4 2400mhz

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018

Did you check these 4 possible issues I provided? If nothing of this list is faulty, I'm sorry. I can't help you with this one. You should probably get it checked professionally.

Jan 15, 2020
Did you check these 4 possible issues I provided? If nothing of this list is faulty, I'm sorry. I can't help you with this one. You should probably get it checked professionally.

I just swapped back my mobo and cpu and the graphics card is working good, monitor works on old mobo + cpu. It's just not working on my new build, idk why. I ordered a PSU so ill see if that works or not.

Jan 15, 2020
I just swapped back my mobo and cpu and the graphics card is working good, monitor works on old mobo + cpu. It's just not working on my new build, idk why. I ordered a PSU so ill see if that works or not.

I just can't think of anythig that i have forget to plug in something's wrong idk if its the ram or low psu power. Ram, gpu works on old build...

ethanmason622

Commendable
Dec 5, 2017
There are two things you can do with the machine supervisor in Windows to get USB ports working again. Right-click on the identify of your computer, and then left-click on scan for hardware changes. Wait for the scan to complete and then test your USB gadget to see if it works

Jan 15, 2020
There are two things you can do with the machine supervisor in Windows to get USB ports working again. Right-click on the identify of your computer, and then left-click on scan for hardware changes. Wait for the scan to complete and then test your USB gadget to see if it works

I can't get to windows and bios. My monitor doesn't connect to the pc, the usb ports as well, but only when I take out gpu the usb ports work, so i will try to upgrade psu to see if it works.

edit: i got back on my old build and everything works so if it doesn't work then the new motherboard is broken.