Question display becomes pixelated randomly...the crash always occurs when gaming but even when the application is closed the blurriness/pixelation remains

Crimson42

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
Hi

I cant seem to pinpoint if this is a gpu issue or display ... randomely display will either black screen or become pixelated this happens whether the pc is under load or not.
I have attached an image its not clear as its taken externally but you can make out distorted text as well as "x" appearing pixelated when using prntscrn the image appears clear after a pc restart

I have already reinstalled windows and after using DDU to clean install nvidia drivers
i have used 2 different display port cables
and i have used the 12vhpwr conn aswell as default adapter on the 4080
IMG-20230514-140923.jpg

Pc specs:
alienware 1440p 240hz AW2721D
RTX 4080
13900KF
32gb ddr5 6000mhz
Gigabyte aorus z690 ultra
2tb nvme
gigabyte 1000w 12vhpwr supply

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Did you install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

You might want to hook the panel up to another system and see if the same issue persists. If it does, try changing the display cables.

I have attached an image its not clear as its taken externally but you can make out distorted text as well as "x" appearing pixelated when using prntscrn the image appears clear after a pc restart
This could be a GPU, panel issue.

Crimson42

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Did you install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

You might want to hook the panel up to another system and see if the same issue persists. If it does, try changing the display cables.

In terms of bios im on the latest stable build so f23 for my board.
Drivers were installed as admin.
So with my previous rtx 3080 this issue did not occur amd currently i have a gtx 1050ti as back up which i used when i sent the card in for rma(they stated they could not find a fault) this distortion did not happen on the gtx 1050 either.
Seller has asked me to send the card in for testing again but they will only replace if they can replicate and the issue is so random stress tests do not trigger the issue (it can happen once in a week or multiple times in a day)

Crimson42

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
could this potentially be a bios issue on the card? something i haven't tried is switching to silent bios and seeing if the issue persists

May 23, 2023
Hi, bro, have you resolved the issue?
I have almost the same problem for the last 3 days

5800x with RTX 4080 TUF OC
X570 Aorus Ultra
32GB 3600mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB
850 PRO 2TB
RM1000x Corsair

I have been dealing with no-signal to the monitor randomly, even if the GPU is with heavy usage or not, and sometimes artifacts/pixelation can occur

Crimson42

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
Hi, bro, have you resolved the issue?
I have almost the same problem for the last 3 days

5800x with RTX 4080 TUF OC
X570 Aorus Ultra
32GB 3600mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB
850 PRO 2TB
RM1000x Corsair

I have been dealing with no-signal to the monitor randomly, even if the GPU is with heavy usage or not, and sometimes artifacts/pixelation can occur
Nope i sent the card for rma but they sent it back saying they could not replicate and asked me to do further tests and troubleshooting. Tried almost all solutions and still had the issue so i sent it back for rma again.

Crimson42

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019

Sent through the card again for rma and the issue was this time replicated by seller although they stated its very intermittent. I opted to change to a different 4080 aib.

Jun 7, 2024
I have the same issue but on a laptop which I've bought 10 days ago!
Laptop :
MSI katana b12vgk
Inte i7 12650h with RTX 4070 GPU
WINDOWS 11
16Gb DDR5
1TB SSD
I've even updated the nvidia graphic driver with ddu in safe mode and also updated to the latest bios but in vain. Also I've installed the drivers in elevated command too.
Please help me

Jun 7, 2024
I have the same issue but on a laptop which I've bought 10 days ago!
Laptop :
MSI katana b12vgk
Inte i7 12650h with RTX 4070 GPU
WINDOWS 11
16Gb DDR5
1TB SSD
I've even updated the nvidia graphic driver with ddu in safe mode and also updated to the latest bios but in vain. Also I've installed the drivers in elevated command too.
Please help me
I've noticed that this happens in discrete graphite mode with MUX switch. But in hybrid mode there's no issue but the gpu is not upto it's potential

TRENDING THREADS