Question Display blacks out for a few seconds when running games??

FictionPC

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Hey everyone,

So, I took my PC out of my room to do some deep cleaning, brought it back, hooked everything back up and powered on, Everything was running fine, until I tried running COD MW.

When I tried to run that, my display went totally black, however I was still able to hear sound and alt+tab out of the game.
I tried Minecraft, and I was able to play the game, but the screen would go black for a few seconds, then the image would come back, and that would happen throughout that game.

Now, right before this I installed Razer synapse because I got a new mouse, so i uninstalled, rebooted, and the problem was still happening.

My rig is a ryzen 5 2600, 16gb 3000mhz ram, xfx rx 580, and a evga 500 watt 80+ psu.

My assumption was the power super and the card may be drawing too much power or overheating, so i tweaked some settings in after burner to limit power consumption and reduce heat, but to no avail.

Luckily my 1660ti, new mobo and psu will be coming tomorrow so I can try those out. But I'm js8ut stumped on this. Big sad

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS